- What is CBD?
- I’ve heard CBD can provide significant health benefits. Specifically, what are they and what ailments are they effective in treating?
- What is the difference between industrial hemp and marijuana?
- I’ve heard CBD from marijuana is better than CBD from hemp. Is this true?
- Is industrial hemp considered marijuana under State or Federal laws?
- Where do you ship your products?
- Can I get “high” from taking your products?
- What is “Full Spectrum” and why is it better?
- Doesn’t everyone offer “full spectrum” products?
- Where does your hemp come from?
- Any additional benefits from Colorado grown hemp?
- What do you mean by “chain of custody”?
- How is your oil processed?
- Where do you process your oil?
- What is the difference between your oil and hemp seed oil?
- What is a “tincture”, and why do you offer them?
- What’s so special about your capsules?
- What dosage of your product should I take?
- How safe are your products?
- There are fewer ingredients in your products than some of your competitors.
- What is the difference between your topical lotion and salve?
- Unlike many of your competitors, you offer products for people and pets. Why is that?
- What is RSO or Rick Simpson Oil?
- What experience do the founders of your company have?
- Why do you say your business approach is “Earth First”?
- Is the Vegetable Glycerin that is made from Palm Fruit contributing to the Palm Oil Environmental Issues that we are facing?
- Why does the color of the tincture sometimes vary?
- Will passing a drug test be an issue?
1. What is CBD?
CBD is the abbreviation for cannabidiol, one of the many cannabinoids found in hemp. CBD has been shown in many studies to provide significant health benefits.
2. I’ve heard CBD can provide significant health benefits. Specifically, what are they and what ailments are they effective in treating?
Because of FDA regulations, we are unable to specifically address these questions. Most of our customers do, or have done, considerable research on their own, which is why we say “for those who know…” there is a plethora of information available. Simply search “CBD and_______” and you’ll find a wide range of useful data.
3. What is the difference between industrial hemp and marijuana?
Essentially industrial hemp and marijuana are the same plant species…Cannabis Sativa. The difference is industrial hemp is cultivated for significantly lower amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), by definition less than 0.3% by dry weight. In addition, industrial hemp generally has a more fibrous stalk and grows taller than marijuana which tends to grow more “bushy”. Other than that, the plants are virtually identical. ALL OF THE PRODUCTS WE SELL ARE REFINED FROM INDUSTRIAL HEMP.
4. I’ve heard CBD from marijuana is better than CBD from hemp. Is this true?
No. As explained above, marijuana and industrial hemp are virtually the same plant and the CBD compound extracted from either is identical. The difference is that we cultivate our hemp to produce a high concentration of CBD. Most marijuana plants grown today contain very low levels of CBD.
5. Is industrial hemp considered marijuana under State or Federal laws?
No. Industrial hemp is NOT defined as marijuana under State or Federal laws.
6. Where do you ship your products?
We ship to all 50 States.
7. Can I get “high” from taking your products?
No. Because our products contain no THC or extremely low levels of THC, they cannot make you ‘high”. THC is responsible for the high people experience when smoking or ingesting marijuana.
8. What is “Full Spectrum” and why is it better?
All of our products are refined from the flowers of our hemp plants. Because we utilize the best parts of the plant in our processing, we are able to produce an oil rich not only in CBD, but other beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes as well.
9. Doesn’t everyone offer “full spectrum” products?
No. Much of the competitive product on the market contains only isolate or desiccated CBD. Research has shown that isolate CBD is far less effective.
10. Where does your hemp come from?
Unlike the vast majority of competitors, we only use organically grown Colorado hemp, grown by our farmers under our watchful eye. Most of the hemp sold in the US is imported from places like China or Romania, and simply purchased by our competitors for use in their products. In addition, and most important, our product is grown in fields which grow crops for human consumption, free from pesticides and harmful chemicals.
11. Any additional benefits from Colorado grown hemp?
Because we grow our hemp in high altitudes, our crop is naturally exposed to more sunlight which can increase the natural concentration of cannabinoids.
12. What do you mean by “chain of custody”?
It means that we control the entire process from seed to consumer, and the product never leaves our control. We are involved in all aspects of the process from growing through processing to packaging. It’s never shipped from other countries or processed by people who do not work directly for us.
13. How is your oil processed?
We employ a proprietary processing method utilizing low pressure and low temperature to preserve the plant value, terpenes and cannabinoids. Our product is processed with 100% pharmaceutical-grade ethanol made from organic sugar cane, which is then distilled off in the final process. We never use harmful chemicals like butane in processing our oil, and believe that our low temperature processing produces a better outcome than other processing methods such as CO2.
14. Where do you process your oil?
Unlike many competitors, we process all of our oil here in the United States, actually in Colorado. We maintain that “chain of custody” so important to providing a quality finished product. Our product is processed in clean room environments by professionals adept in process and quality control.
15. What is the difference between your oil and hemp seed oil?
Like its name implies, hemp seed oil is refined from the seeds of the plant and contains virtually no CBD or other cannabinoids. It does contain an excellent 3:1 balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which can promote cardiovascular health. We utilize hemp seed oil as the second, and only other ingredient in our health capsules.
16. What is a “tincture”, and why do you offer them?
Tinctures are essentially an infusion made by dissolving a substance in alcohol. Ours are a true tincture…not simply CBD oil or isolate mixed in a “carrier” oil such as olive or coconut oil. We mix ours only with 100% organic, kosher vegetable glycerin refined from palm fruit. Because of this, our tinctures actually taste good and require no added flavorings. They contain only our hemp oil and the vegetable glycerin. We offer tinctures as they are still a pervasive method of delivery, though personally, we prefer the capsules.
17. What’s so special about your capsules?
Our capsules are designed to provide a convenient, consistent dosage, and many of our customers find them easier to take than tincture products. In addition, our capsules are Full Spectrum like all our products and contain only our hemp oil and organic hemp seed oil. The capsule shells are vegan made from vegetable gelatin and they are colored with natural chlorophyll.
18. What dosage of your product should I take?
Again, we can’t recommend specific dosages, and it does vary from individual to individual. Trying different dosages may be appropriate until you find the one that works for you. In general, according to research, lower dose can be effective, and sometimes more effective than higher dosages. In addition, because our product is Full Spectrum, it tends to be more efficacious than isolate-type products.
19. How safe are your products?
Our products are grown in fields that grow crops for human consumption, grown organically, tested for soil contaminants and pesticides, processed in clean room environments and tested by independent laboratories for potency and purity. Our products are organic, Non-GMO and virtually all vegan.
20. There are fewer ingredients in your products than some of your competitors.
Exactly. Because of our processing methods, we utilize fewer ingredients and deliver what we believe is a higher quality product. We never use stabilizers, artificial colors or flavorings.
21. What is the difference between your topical lotion and salve?
Our lotion utilizes an organic lotion base and contains arnica flowers, essential oils of rosemary and mint and, of course, our proprietary hemp oil. It’s fast absorbing and leaves the skin smooth and soft. Our salve is a thicker consistency product with a base of organic grapeseed oil and natural beeswax and contains a higher concentration of CBD.
22. Unlike many of your competitors, you offer products for people and pets. Why is that?
We believe that in today’s “modern family”, our pets play in integral role. And as such, deserve to have access to the same high quality hemp CBD products as their “human” counterparts. We grow, process and package our pet products exactly like the ones intended for people, but specifically formulated for dogs and cats. We offer tinctures, and capsules in two strengths depending on size, for dogs, and tinctures and capsules for cats as well.
23. What is RSO or Rick Simpson Oil?
RSO or Rick Simpson Oil is a processing method named after its inventor. It is essentially an ethanol -processed oil, almost exclusively from marijuana, not hemp.
24. What experience do the founders of your company have?
With nearly three decades of experience in the cannabis and healthcare industries, the founders of im·bue botanicals are passionate about utilizing our expertise and know-how to deliver exclusive, proprietary products, designed and envisioned to provide outstanding results.
25. Why do you say your business approach is “Earth First”?
Growing hemp actually helps reduce our “carbon footprint”. We grow all our products organically, utilize only other organic ingredients, and package in fully recyclable materials.
26. Is the Vegetable Glycerin that is made from Palm Fruit contributing to the Palm Oil Environmental Issues that we are facing?
This is an important question, and one that we are concerned about as well. We actually use suppliers that source their palm fruit 100% from Malaysia, utilizing only the Malaysian Pygmy Palm. Unlike countries like Indonesia where there are virtually no regulations on palm oil plantations and their expansion, Malaysia has a track record of creating a better approach. In 2004, Malaysia established The Round-table on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). The group, currently headed by Darrel Webber who previously worked for the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) in Sabah, includes members from across the industry from planters to buyers, NGOs and bankers. Together, the RSPO has created what it believes are globally credible standards covering the environment, local communities and labor standards. Those who don’t comply face investigation and suspension.
27. Why does the color of the tincture sometimes vary?
Our tinctures are 100% natural using real aerial parts of the hemp plant. As we process these parts, there is a natural variation in the color of the oil produced, which can make the oil sometimes vary from a light color to almost a brownish hue. Rest assured, however, the product is exactly the same from potency and efficacy standpoint, and all processed identically.
28. Will passing a drug test be an issue?
Our product, like any full spectrum product, may contain low levels THC, the cannabinoid that is tested for, though in all cases is well below the 0.3% as allowed by law. Taking a hemp-derived, full spectrum CBD, especially over extended periods of time, may produce a false positive. This may be particularly true with higher-dose formulations. IF YOUR JOB IS DEPENDENT ON PASSING DRUG TESTING, you may wish to avoid ingesting any full spectrum CBD product.