Reliable, accurate testing is the very cornerstone of ensuring that you, our customers, receive a safe, effective product that matches the label claims. We take this part of our job extremely seriously. Unfortunately, many companies do not.
The below is from a blog (By Samina Azad, Ph.D. December 14, 2021 Industry News, Hemp Science) from one of the labs we utilize talking about failures in the testing of cannabis products. These are the same types of labs that test hemp products as well.
In recent months, the number of cannabis product recalls have dramatically increased throughout the US:
- On December 3rd, 2021, batches of one manufacturer’s medical and adult-use cannabis were recalled in Colorado due to products being untested or improperly tested for contaminants and potency outside of acceptable limits1.
- On November 17th, 2021, the largest cannabis product recall in Michigan was issued after its state regulator deemed the results of the products tested by a third-party lab “inaccurate and/or unreliable”2. The recall has triggered litigation and a subsequent injunction.
- Also in November 2021, Arizona cannabis establishments and dispensaries again initiated a voluntary recall after lab results showed several products were positive for Salmonella and Aspergillus3. This is a follow-up to the initial recall back in June.
- In Pennsylvania, in November and again in December, another large “review” of vape products is underway4.
You can clearly see a trend here…
This type of unreliability isn’t just in the legal adult-use cannabis space, but spreads into the hemp space as well. Last year, FDA released a report to Congress of testing they did on 50 hemp CBD products. Only 7 of the 50 where within 20% +/- of the label claims. The rest contained very low levels or no CBD at all! That’s 86% having VIRTUALLY NO CBD, even though all were supposedly “tested”.
All of this is 100% UNACCEPTABLE to us at Imbue…and to you I’m sure as well. We run the most extensive array of testing in the industry ONLY using the very finest 3rd party labs in the industry including Botanacor and Altitude Consulting, on EACH and EVERY BATCH we make. Our tests, to ensure you always get what you expect and pay for include:
- Product Potency
- Heavy Metals
- Raw oil cannabinoid spectrum
- Terpene profile
- Microbial contaminants
- Residual solvents
We post test results for every batch on our website's Product Manufacturing and Testing Page, and every product has a QR Code which links there as well.
And if a product doesn't pass any of these tests, the product never leaves our facility. Period. Because trusting our product is what we say it is must be absolute. There is no room for error when it comes to the health and safety of customers.
With all our best,